It's been a busy week.
Monday I hosted my first Link-up Party
Puppy Photo Party & Cats.
***by the way ... the photo linkup closes Friday***
1) I learned how to install the Linky Ap on my blog.
I was sweating bullets that Monday morning would arrive ... and the link wouldn't work.
Not to worry ... it went smooth as silk.
***This wasn't Etsy ... but just sayn'***
Thanks to my pal Lauren Bird @ The Trunk Blog ...
2) I learned how to join up and get involved with Etsy Teams.
Teams can help mentor you ... and share your shop
promotions and items with other team members. I'm still new at this one ...
but I did post my new May listings in one team discussion.
Today I happened upon Etsy Forums. You can access this site ...
and actually ... the Etsy Teams ... by hitting "Community".
3) I learned how to access Etsy Forums and actually jumped into several discussions.
Etsy Forums had 4 or 5 Topics of Discussion. One of the Discussions was about
Site Problems ... but the one I spent the most time in was ...
... Business Topics. As you can see there are numerous threads going at the
same time. I like Forums because it is current. You can see on the "right" when
they were posted. You can ask your own question by ...
"Creating a Thread" ... upper right ... or you can
... get involved in a current issue and comment there.
These Community Etsy Sites can be very helpful.
The Team Site is a little less immediately interactive ... where as ...
the Forum Site gives you immediate feedback.
Just ask a question ... and right away ... someone has an answer for you.
4) I learned how to figure International Shipping rates on Etsy Forum.
5) I also learned different ways to promote my items on Etsy ... and which ways have been successful for others.
6) Finally ... I learned ways to put items on sale in your shop and keep your Treasury Threads in tact.
.... And it's only Wednesday night. Just think what I'll learn by Friday!
I learned so much from Etsy Teams and especially ... my favorite ... Etsy Forums ...
that I can't give details on exactly all the answers I got ... perhaps in another post.
But ... you know what they say:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime.
So Etsyans ... you now have 2 places on Etsy to fish.
Try 'em out ... and if you want just a quick snack ... you can leave a question
in the comments ... and I'll get you the juicy details.
P.S. In case you didn't notice ...
7) I also learned how to take a Screen Shot ...
Shift / Command / 3 ... on Mac.
Sometimes I love technology! Don't you hate newbies like me. What a pain we are.